In all phases of Homeland Security – prevention, monitoring, and response, effective communications is critical. Yet one of the most profound lessons of large-scale events of recent years is that current, conventional communications systems are simply not adequate to provide for the requirements of effective Homeland Security.
!http://keenwire.com/wp-content/uploads/photos/homeland.jpg! The solution from “the usual vendors” is that all that’s required is more money to build “more, and more of the same” systems. The solution from first response providers is that they need more spectrum to extend and enhance their existing systems. The solution from the wireless telephony companies is “just wait until we get our “3G” systems up and running.
Broadband Wireless systems are one fast-to-deploy, cost-effective solution to the evolving requirements of Homeland Security. For example, a Broadband Mobile Mesh Network can provide a scalable voice communications system at an Incident Site, with the network forming as fast as first response vehicles can arrive. Broadband Wireless offers unique capabilities:
* Embedding a monitoring package on key first response vehicles to monitor environmental conditions in the immediate area
* Using GPS, the PRECISE location of the Incident
* Multi-channel video from the Incident Site, including handheld units being relayed into the Mesh Network
* Flexible monitoring of any/all on-scene two way radio traffic, not just the traffic on wide-area two way radio systems
* All the services that high-speed Internet access enables such as access to critical information databases directly from the Incident Site
As a technology-neutral and vendor-neutral company, Keenwire has access to a very wide variety of Broadband Wireless technologies, vendors, and capabilities it can combine into systems that can meet almost any Homeland Security communications requirement. We are in the process of applying for listing on the GSA Schedule and are a disabled veteran and women owned small business.